Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Numeric Precision Is Lost When Import Data From Excel

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Numeric Precision Is Lost When Import Data From Excel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      smine
      Participant

SQLyog Ultimate 9.61, Excel 2007, WinXPPro 2002 SP3.

i use Powertools -> Import External Data with datasource Excel 97-2003 format .xls file. i map one of the columns to DOUBLE(24,8) and the destination table exists with that column also DOUBLE(24,8). but after the import, the data has only 6 digits of precision (the last 2 decimal places are always 00).

am i doing something wrong?

peterlaursen
      Participant

It is probably an issue with the driver, but we will check this.

peterlaursen
      Participant

This is reproducble for us on a Win7 system where the Excel odbc driver version is 12 (Office 2007). With driver version 14 (Office 2010) it is not.

I don't know if Microsoft has backported this to Office 2007 (we are checking). Do you have all Office 2007 Servicepacks installed?

smine
      Participant

my Excel About says “Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.6565.5003) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000)”.

i am in a corporate environment and the IT department controls all software so i'm not sure if i can get anything newer installed.

in any case, it looks like it's nothing that SQLyog can fix. thanks for checking!

peterlaursen
      Participant

The latest Service Pack for Office 2007 is SP3. It is downloadable from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27838

(But we did not manage to check it yesterday. We will do as soon as possible)

ashwin

@Smine,

This is reproducible for us if the double datatype column is not the first column in the Excel sheet. This seems to be a driver issue and nothing to do with SQLyog. Office 2007 SP3 also it is reproducible 🙁

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.