Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Not Getting The Email Alerts

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Not Getting The Email Alerts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hlo Folks,

I set up Monyog trial on Ubuntu box and got everything right. Configured SMTP for email alerts and got the Test Mail too.

Then I went into Tools–>Customize and set up a mail alert for Index Usage/Percentage Full Table Scan. In the notification settings I set the alert-able to 1.

But I did not get any mail alerts yet. The index usage shows Percentage Full Table Scan > 70%. Any suggestions

Ratheesh Kaniyala

Hi Ratheesh,

For 'Percentage of Full Table Scans' to be reported correctly, the MySQL server should be running for some time, ie, the server has to warm-up. By default, MONyog sets this warm-up time to 3 hours (which can be changed from Tools –> Preferences). So, only after MySQL has been running for 3 hours, MONyog considers that counter's value for alerting.

Can you find out your MySQL server's uptime (from 'General Info' –> 'Running For' in the Monitors/Advisors page), and get back to us here?

'Sayan wrote on '30:

Hi Ratheesh,

For 'Percentage of Full Table Scans' to be reported correctly, the MySQL server should be running for some time, ie, the server has to warm-up. By default, MONyog sets this warm-up time to 3 hours (which can be changed from Tools –> Preferences). So, only after MySQL has been running for 3 hours, MONyog considers that counter's value for alerting.

Can you find out your MySQL server's uptime (from 'General Info' –> 'Running For' in the Monitors/Advisors page), and get back to us here?

Hi Sayan,

I had already changed the “Warm Up Required” parameter to No before setting up the alert. Anyways I got a delayed alert. But I am not getting how the alerts are functioning. Do you have any idea? I have set the alert-able to 1. What does that mean?

Ratheesh

Hey Ratheesh,

First of, assuming that you are using MONyog 3.6 Trial, we discovered a serious bug, and made a new release with a fix (MONyog 3.61). I suggest that you use the 3.61 trial instead.

Now, coming to the notification settings, here's how they work:

— The 'Notify when alert-able __________ times' field: The number you put in this field is the number of times that MONyog should detect a counter's value as above the threshold in a row before it considers that counter for an alert. The next obvious question is, when does MONyog check the counter's value? MONyog does this at every data collection. Suppose your data collection interval is 5 minutes, and you've specified 2 in the above field, then the counter should be in an alert state for 10 minutes continuously before MONyog reports it.

— The 'Notify again after every _________ alert-able cycles' field: After the first notification, MONyog will send the next notification if the counter remains in a warning or critical state for the number of times specified here.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.