Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

New Ui Makes Me Frustrated

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments New Ui Makes Me Frustrated

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      SimonGalaxy

I updated to the latest version a few days ago, but it totally changed my habit in using SQLyog because of the new UI.

In previous version, I could click on the table in navigation panel and had information about the table in the lower part of my screen. This helped me to write SQL without changing between windows. However, the new UI totally broke this habit. I need to switch to info tab to get a column name from a table. Then switch to “Query” tab to finish my SQL. This is very inconvenient if I need to pick several columns from a table.

I knew that I can double click to add a column in query tab, but it is slower than “read and type” very much.

Is there any chance to switch it back, or make it able to be customized by user?

Jan.S

Hi,

We understand that you are frustrated with the new UI. It will take some time to get used to it.

However, have added this to our issue tracking system here – http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1752 and will take it up post 10 (approx in 2 months).

Regards,

Janani

Kevin Sikes

I also would find it helpful to move the info tab back to the lower half of the main screen, for the same reasons mentioned by SimonGalaxy.

Thanks,

Kevin Sikes

mkinnan

I agree that I want the info tab back on the lower half for the same reasons mentioned by SimonGalaxy.

I specifically liked the ability to 'click' a table name and have the table columns/data shown up in the bottom half. It made it so much easier to write a query and click the table I need to get the column information I need.

I do not want a drag-and-drop feature as mentioned in the code.google.com issue tracker.

DAE51D

Add my name to the list of people who HATE this new UI.

Why did you move “Table Data” up to the top too? It's useless as you can't click the tab, then write a SQL query in the editor viewing the data! You have to actually do your first query as “SELECT * FROM `foo` LIMIT 0, 2500;” JUST so that it shows data in the bottom half under “Result”. WTF?

You should make the tabs dragable into either top or bottom (and remember preference).

Also, come on guys, seriously we still can't rename the Query editor tabs??! A 'right click menu' that only has 'close' in it?!

While I'm at it, the “Preference” menu has been pretty sparse forever. When are we going to get more customizable features. For one thing I *hate* that when I choose: “Paste SQL statements” it stacks the columns like I have in my preferences for F12. If I'm having you generate me a SQL statement, you can pretty much bet your ass I need it to paste into my PHP code and preferably as a single line. HOWEVER when I'm debugging a SQL statement, THAT is when I want to F12 it and make it readable. Two different use cases. And that's just one example of probably 20 more that I could think of for preference settings. Another annoyance is that I always set my “default rows” to 5000, yet it always seems to be set to 25!? WHY!? ugh.

Toad is starting to look more and more appealing. We're on version 10 now of SQLYog and it doesn't do half of the features Toad 6 does. AND Toad is free! I use SQLYog because I've used it for many years and it's comfortable. It's like second nature, but when you start to make changes that detract from my productivity, well, then I might as well switch to another tool if I have to re-train the way I work. Just sayin'. And I promise you I'm not waiting “two months” for a fix for something you guys broke that is so integral to work flow. I'm already reverting to 9, and give it two weeks tops before I bail on SQLYog all together.

ashwin

We have taken into consideration your concerns, and accordingly have planned to release 10.1 in approximately 2 weeks.

There will be preference options to choose the position of table data and info tabs (either the query tab level as is now-v10, or the result tab level as was before).

peterlaursen
      Participant
      rlbyrd1964

I'd like to add my vote to the table data tab being able to be moved back to the lower tab.

Pentium10

We want it back too. This move was ridiculous .

ashwin

@DAE51D,

Quote:
      “Paste SQL statements” it stacks the columns like I have in my preferences for F12. If I'm having you generate me a SQL statement, you can pretty much bet your ass I need it to paste into my PHP code and preferably as a single line.

We have decided to give a shortcut to copy query without formatting(Normalize white-spaces and line-breaks) and paste as a single line. This will be included in our next public release(Approx. 10 days).

Quote:
      Another annoyance is that I always set my “default rows” to 5000, yet it always seems to be set to 25!? WHY!? ugh.

We have changed this now. If you set default to 5000 then in table data it will be set to 5000 only if you have not changed the Limit rows before.

Quote:
      And that's just one example of probably 20 more that I could think of for preference settings.

We would love to hear all your suggestions 🙂 Could you please detail/list those?

DAE51D

Awesome. I will start to compile a list! cool.png

ashwin

We have released v10.1 Beta1. Refer: http://www.webyog.co…eta-1-released/

Quote:
      * It is now optional whether DATA, INFO and HISTORY tabs shall display in ‘upper pane’ (as in 10.0) or in ‘lower pane’ (as before 10.0). The setting is available in tools .. preferences .. general. Note that for DATA tab this applies to the ‘non-sticky’/non-persistent DATA tab. A ‘sticky’/persistent DATA tab will always display in ‘upper pane’.

@DAE51D
      , ALT+C- shortcut to copy query without formatting(Normalize white-spaces and line-breaks) and paste as a single line.

Quote:
      * Added an option to copy selected text into clipboard with all whitespace (SPACE characters, TAB characters and linebreaks) replaced with a single SPACE character. The option is available from menu and the keyboard shortcut ALT+C .
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.