Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

New Event Feature

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests New Event Feature

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      basemap

Will you be adding support for the new New Event Feature in v5.1.6 if so what is the expected release date

Thanks

peterlaursen
      Participant

This is not an answer, but a comment.

Don't you know that SQLyog Enterprise has 'Notifications Services' – another way to schedule execution of SQL scripts.

Undoubtedly there will be support for (the Server side) Event thing too one day, but as long as it is in alpha it is too early.

The plans for the future are here:

http://www.webyog.com/faq/33_20_en.html

Ritesh

News about Events in MySQL v5.1.6 was released only last week. We have already added in the TO-DO list but since this feature is still in alpha version in MySQL, I cannot guarantee you the exact version of SQLyog that will have this option but rest assured we will implement it at the correct time.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Now that I have played a little around with EVENTS on MySQL 5.1.7, I have some considerations on HOW this could be implemented in SQLyog.

Just like SP's VIEWs etc. an EVENT is defined with a database, so there should be an EVENTS folder in Object Browser for each database. For at start simple templates to 'create event' and 'alter event' would be fine. A 'drop event' too.

There should also be a GUI-option to enable/disable EVENTS that simply executes

SET GLOBAL event_scheduler = ON/OFF;

There is one problem/consideration only. That is that EVENTS are user-specific. peter@localhost and ritesh@remotehost may both create a `myevent`with identical names. Shall SQLyog only display user's own EVENTS or all (they are all availble with a SELECT …FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA). I go in for an setting to let user decide. Of course peter cannot ALTER ritesh's EVENTs, so they should be 'greyed out'. They must also display as

*myevent(peter@localhost)

*myevent(ritesh@remotehost)

to avoid confusion when EVENTS with identical names exist.

RandyJohnson

Is there any schedule as to when this feature will be added?

I would agree that EVENTS would be just another folder similar to VIEWS, STORED PROCS, and FUNCTIONS.

Randy

navyashree.r

Hi,

Events is added in SQLyog 6.2 version and available in first Beta which will be released shortly.

Regards,

Navya

navyashree.r

First 6.2 beta is probably 10-14 days away.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.