Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Need A "quick And Dirty" Way To View Table Schema

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Need A "quick And Dirty" Way To View Table Schema

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Larry Woods

Maybe I am missing something but I need to look at the schema of a table every once and a while. So, I select and right click on a table name so that I can get the context dialog and then I select “Alter Table” to view the schema. BUT, in order to get the context menu it seems as if the table contents are downloaded first and, in some cases my table contains 50,000 records and I have to wait a loooong time to view the context menu.

Give me a way to view the table schema without waiting for the table to download.

Thanks.

ashwin

Hi,

Quote:
      BUT, in order to get the context menu it seems as if the table contents are downloaded first

I think the table contents are downloaded because the focus was on the “Table Data” tab. You can change the focus to any other Result window- Message tab or History tab.

And additionally you can view the table schema with just a mouse click in the Info tab.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.