Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

mysqlyog locks up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Bobnz

While importing an access database (data and structure) evrything runs fine until it gets to one table where upon it freezes. I can import this table by itsself and can import all other tables without this one. Is there a size limit for importing? this table has about 600 records, not a lot really but around 15 fields per record. No unusual datatypes in the table, memo, text, various dates, ints, ….

any help appreciated

Bob

Ritesh

Which version of Access?

There should not be any problem with SQLyog with importing such small table.

If the data is not sensitive, can you send us a backup of the database particularly the table in concern, so that we can work on the issue and resolve any bug ( if there are ).

Bobnz

I have included the table minus some data. Hav also had a problem with another DB where some of the tables names hav a ” / ” ie. table/table is there a list of reserved characters or just a specific naming convention for mysqlyog. I have over 600 DB's to migrate to mysql so would like as much info on the import process as possible.

thanks again

Bob

Shadow

There is no naming convention in SQLyog, it is MySql and the os on which MySql is running that restricts what characters are acceptable in a db/column/field/index name.

MySql does not allow “/”, “” and “.” in the db names, “/” and “.” in table names. If your os restricts the usage of other characters in directory and file names, then those characters are not allowed either.

Ritesh

Thanks for the datafile. We will work on it.

BTW, Which version of Access?

Bobnz

Sorry about that , using access97.

Bob

Bobnz

Thanks Shadow, I'm using MySql on RH 9.0

Bob

Ritesh

We have Office 2K. When we ran your DB with our Access driver, all the rows got imported properly and we didnt have any problem.

We are on WinXP with Office 2K. We will try the same DB, on other OS and different version of Office and will report back soon.

Bobnz

I have the ok to upload the DB

I'm using mysqld 3.23.54 that comes with RH9

PC is 2.2mhz 512mb ram

windows PC is a windows NT workstation

Bob

Shadow

Hi Bobnz,

could you tell me at which table did the import stop?

Shadow

Hi Bobnz,

Imported your db on Winnt Workstation (SP6) with Access 97 to MySql 4.0.13 and 4.1-alpha without any problem. It succeeded on Win2K professional with Access 2000 as well. Perhaps you should try with a newer version of MySql. Could you tell the name of the table that halts the import?

Bobnz

Hi, I think the problem has been one of patience or lack of. I expected import process to be very quick where in fact it can take some time. What I noticed was that the task manager had mysqlyog as not responding yet the network traffic icon was lit and up sure enough the network monitor showed data being transferred, I went and had a coffee and on my return db had been imported.

One thing when I import a db I have to close sqlyog then add that db to the user at the connect window is there a easier way of doing that?

When sqlyog opens only some of the db's in the left window (under the user@host ) display tables when I click on the + . With some the + just disappears yet I can run queries on them on the server so I know they are there and that they have tables and data.

Thanks for your help I appreciate it; I will work on my patience 😛

Ritesh

Great.

It seems that you are specifying DBs in the connection window. Dont specify *any* in the Connection Window and SQLyog will show all the databases in the Object Browser.

Shadow

Or just need to refresh the object browser by pressing F9 after the import…

Bobnz

Ok thanks for all the help.

great program.

Bob

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.