Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Guenther

SQLyog / using a local stored system user dsn (MySQL Connection Parameters username/password/dbname) to access a mysql-db as source for a data import to a local-db via network. Result : it prevent someone from doing something and follows with a message : no access to user [email protected] . Sad !

By using MS-ACCESS and the local stored system user dsn, an import of data via network is possible without any problems – by usesing the same MySQL Connection Parameters ( user / password / dbname ).

Client: WinXPProf. – Client, W2K-AD environ.

Thanks for your help.

Guenther

CalEvans

Have you checked your permissions for [email protected] on the mysql server? I've yet to nail it down but I have problems with MySQL (not particularly with SQLyog) and their permissions. I end up avoiding setting permissions for gunther@% and set each instance of gunther. (Since I log in from several different machines this means I have to setup several different logins.

=C=

Guenther

Carl,

thanks for your response.

Anyway, I thought (so far) that using an local stored system user dsn (ODBC-source) with permissions ( a known user and a known password ) to LAN-access a external db would prevent me to deal with another setting of permissions to access “this” external db. It works with MS-Access ( data import .. mysql -> access.mdb ); why not with webyog using the same user dsn.

cheers guenther

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.