Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Mysql Client Ran Out Of Memory

forums forums Monyog Monyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Mysql Client Ran Out Of Memory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      frankf

I am not able to sync a database table because MySQL client runs out of memory.

The table has a mediumblob column that stores the serialized invoice object (which contains a snap shot of a lot of data)

I did not design this application, and it is not practical to redesign it right now. The table is over 2GB.

To prevent this, it would be great if I could specify the number of rows to sync at a time (rather than trying to sync the entire table all at once)

This is a source of a lot of frustration and I don't have time to create my own sync program.

Also, I am not able to uncompress the the database backup dump zip files on a Windows 7 machine.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Are you sync'ing to an empty table? If so please read: http://webyog.com/faq/content/27/114/en/introduction-to-the-_sqlyog-job-agent_-sja.html:

“Data sync jobs additionally supports a '-r' parameter (it is ignored with other types of jobs). It has only an effect when a non-empty source-table is synced to an empty target-table and defines how big CHUNKS should be fetched from source server (for a (source) HTTP connection it is 1000 rows by default if -r option is not specified explicitly). -r”2000” will copy CHUNKS of 2000 rows from source. If no -r parameter is specified SQLyog will fetch “all rows” from source server in one 'SELECT' query operation what may cause memory exhaustion on the client machine.”

So please save the job file from the wizard and next invoke it with the -r parameter to the 'sja' command.

(but if you just want to copy (a) table(s) once it is much easier and simpler to 'copy to other' from database or table (context) menu.)

frankf

Thanks, I did a copy (actually from a dump.. since we create dumps for backup anyway).

By the way, I cannot un-compress the zipped dumps on a Windows 7 server using the default windows zip tool, or Total Commander. I had to start making uncompressed dumps. I am glad I found this out before it became a need.

Tonight we will see how the sync goes. I might need the option for every sync based on the number of inserts each day…

As a feature request, it would be great if the sync options has a checkbox or field to set maximum number of rows to fetch at a time.

'peterlaursen' wrote:

Are you sync'ing to an empty table? If so please read: http://webyog.com/faq/content/27/114/en/introduction-to-the-_sqlyog-job-agent_-sja.html:

“Data sync jobs additionally supports a '-r' parameter (it is ignored with other types of jobs). It has only an effect when a non-empty source-table is synced to an empty target-table and defines how big CHUNKS should be fetched from source server (for a (source) HTTP connection it is 1000 rows by default if -r option is not specified explicitly). -r”2000” will copy CHUNKS of 2000 rows from source. If no -r parameter is specified SQLyog will fetch “all rows” from source server in one 'SELECT' query operation what may cause memory exhaustion on the client machine.”

So please save the job file from the wizard and next invoke it with the -r parameter to the 'sja' command.

(but if you just want to copy (a) table(s) once it is much easier and simpler to 'copy to other' from database or table (context) menu.)

peterlaursen
      Participant

“I cannot un-compress the zipped dumps on a Windows 7 server using the default windows zip tool”. weird.

What is “Windows7 server”. There is no such OS as far as I know (the Windows server version of same generation is “Windows 2008r2”

Waht happens if you try to unzipe. Some error appear and which one? Are you sure it is not a user privilege problem?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.