Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

My Advice – Buy Sqlyog!

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments My Advice – Buy Sqlyog!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      nicmar

I'd like to say something to everyone that's using SQLYog, BUY IT, if you haven't already! It's only $47 for the best version!

It's a devoted development team, doing everything they can to keep up with bugs and implementing nice features.

I understand people who don't want to or can't pay $800 for software like Adobe Photoshop, but this is an amazing program and I think it's just as good as Photoshop, but in the MySQL-administration category. And if you find a bug in Photoshop, it'll take years to fix it. SQLYog is so much more alive!

Noone paid me to write this, I'm just happy that I found a program that is so nice to work with!

Yet I haven't figured out why the page is called WebYog and the software SQLYog, that confuses me 😆

peterlaursen
      Participant

'yog' is a word in the ancient Indian language SANSKRIT. The SANSKRIT languge was the language of the first indo-arian high culture that developed in North India more than 4000 years ago. The famous Veda's are written in Sanskrit. The language is still spoken by millions of people, mostly people with religious or cultural interests. Quite a lot of westernes learned it too.

The short version: A 'yog' is a person. He is what a person ideally should be: hardworking, honest, responsible, smart etc. What he does, he does not for himself but for for the world.

The long version: Let Ritesh … or search google on 'sanskrit +yog'.

'yog' can be a stand-alone word or it can be used for prefixing and suffixing other worlds – this giving meaning to other words – or other words giving meaning to the word 'yog'. I think you can translate 'SQLyog' yourself now? 🙂

I think you may compare sanskrit 'yog' with latin concept of 'pater familias' .. They both picture the IDEAL of a person! But in two different cultural contexts!

nicmar

Interesting explanation, but that wasn't really the question.. it was, why isn't the page called http://www.sqlyog.com when the program is SQLYog? 🙂

peterlaursen
      Participant

Name of the company is WEBYOG

Name of the program is SQLYOG

Ritesh

Yog is not a person but can be classified as Karma or deed. Yog is described as unflinching concentration towards your target without bothering about intermediate results. That's what we stand for. To make the best products in its category!

@nicmar
      : Thanks for your encouraging words. Be assured that 5.1 will not be released till all the known bugs (reported by you and other people) are fixed.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.