Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Multiple synchronization schedules & servers?

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Multiple synchronization schedules & servers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      rs25com

Hi,

I would like to know if this tool would support a configuration where the following was the setup:

Hardware:

One master MySql server

Several web servers, with local a MySql server on each, users update records, etc., as they browse

Setup:

Once an hour (or 15/30min?) the web servers update the master server with only the changed records

Then, once an hour, the master database server updates all the other web servers with the other changed records

Is this something that can be done, and can it be done with multiple connections simultaneously so the master server does not get corrupted? I suspect the smart way to do this would be to install the client on each web server so it controlled itself, rather than trying to run it remotely.

Thanks,

James

Ritesh

We are looking at your issues and we will suggest you a suitable solution as soon as possible.

Shadow

Have you checked MySql's built-in replication feature?

rs25com

I did not know it had a replication tool. I will go research their site, thanks!

Shadow

Use the online manual with user comments because there is a comment that describes how to use a MySql db as master and slave in the same time!

Ritesh

Currently, SQLyog supports ONE WAY synchronization only. All extra rows in the target that are not present in the source are deleted. We are working on making it a 2 way sync process – which poses additional challenges like conflict resolution, etc.

Shadow

Now, that would be great! Especially, if it were implemented as a service…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.