Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

moving from MSSQL to MySQL

forums forums moving from MSSQL to MySQL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Themetal

I'm looking for some assistance to move from MSSQL to MySQL.

I have a keyed table with 5 million records, with the it_ID as a keyed auto-increment. What is the best way to move this table to MySQL, restore the auto=increment, add the index back. I have to keep the exact same numbers.

I'm presuming I can just import the table, then re=add the key and auto-increment. If anyone sees a problem with this, please let me know.

Tony

ikaufman

Hi,

I faced the same problem converting from MSAccess. SQLyog copy routine doesn't copies indexes and autoincremets (at least I found it works so with Access). So I have got mySQL table with INT field instead of auto-increment. When I tried to convert this field to auto-inc, values have been renumbering sequentally as I have gaps in numbering.

One solution I see is to index this field as UNIQUE – in this case values aren't changing. But if you will add new rows you should fill this field by yourself (i.e. using MAX(..)+1).

Shadow

Well, Themetal, you haven't tried hard enough! In ODBC import choose table copy. Then you will see all the tables in your db in a list where you can specify which to import. After selecting a table, a button will appear in the “Transform” column. Just click it and then check the auto increment field in those columns you need it! Oh, and you can add indices as well!

ikaufman

Thanks, Shadow!

It works. I was in hurr too much 😀

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.