Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Move Groups Of Tables

forums forums SQLyog Query Builder and Schema Designer Move Groups Of Tables

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      glennj

I've just started to use the Schema Designer feature, and whilst handy it is driving me mad as I can't see any way of moving a group of tables all at the same time.

Moving dragging one table at a time is slowing things down a lot!

Any chance this could be included in a new release?

Thanks

Aparna

Hi,

Quote:
      I've just started to use the Schema Designer feature, and whilst handy it is driving me mad as I can't see any way of moving a group of tables all at the same time.

Well i am not really sure which one of the two options(mentioned below)you are talking about.

1.Do you want to move a group of tables from the object browser into the schema designer??? If so just double click in the Schema

Designer canvas or right click in the canvas and click on add tables. You will see a option to select all the tables using which you can select the tables you wish to add at once into the schema designer. Please see the attached screen shot(Selection_option.)

2. Or do you want to move a group of tables with in the Schema Designer canvas??? If so please confirm by replying here. We currently do not have an option to do this but we shall discuss this and update you about the same.

Thank you for using SQLyog.Feel free to pour in your suggestions.

Regards,

Aparna.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I am pretty much sure that is is 2 that Glenn wants!  Advanced diagramming tools (whether database related or not) have an option to 'group elements'.  We don't have that option. 

glennj
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

I am pretty much sure that is is 2 that Glenn wants!  Advanced diagramming tools (whether database related or not) have an option to 'group elements'.  We don't have that option. 

Sorry for the late reply, but yes it is 2 that I would love!

I currently have a diagram where I would like to put more tables to the left, but I can't easily do it as I would need to make more space and to make more space I would have to individually drag each table on the canvas. Not easy when you have 20+ tables displayed.

If I could select-all and drag that would be awesome and so would being able to select a group of tables.

Thanks

Glenn

peterlaursen
      Participant

I have added this request here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1642

I cannot promise anything at the moment. Only I can say that it is very unlikely that Schema Designer will be touched for the next 4-6 months.

Is there any update on this ticket?

This feature would be highly welcome.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.