Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Monyog Scaling

forums forums Monyog Monyog Deployment Monyog Scaling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Greg H

I am looking in to possibly using MONyog but have a considerably number of database (in the hundreds) servers. I am just wondering how well MONyog will scale considering it is agent-less. Of course I'm sure it depends on the resources on the server running MONyog, but I was just wondering what scaling issues I'd be facing with MONyog and what the realistic numbers are for the maximum number of servers monitored from a single MONyog server?

Thanks,

Greg

Rohit

MONyog is extremely lightweight so collecting data from a lot of servers has never been a problem. The extra resources required for an additional server is minimal.

We have large customers who run multiple instances on MONyog using virtualization and are successfully monitoring appx. 200 MySQL servers per instance of MONyog. Of course, this number depends on your hardware and collection interval.

This does not mean that there are any known limitations with MONyog when the number of servers being monitored is more than 200. There might be some installations higher than that, but we have never communicated with them. Our unlimited licence is very flexible and we generally don't know the real number of MySQL servers being monitored by a particular customer.

Having said that, we love working closely with customers having large deployments.

Please contact us at http://www.webyog.com/support mentioning your requirements and we can give you an unrestricted trial so that you can find out MONyog's scalability yourself before buying licenses. We will also provide all the support you need to try MONyog in your environment. We are very passionate about making MONyog work with thousands of MySQL servers and the core MONyog development team will work with you to ensure that MONyog meets your expectations.

Does that sound reasonable?

Greg H
      'Rohit' wrote on '29:

MONyog is extremely lightweight so collecting data from a lot of servers has never been a problem. The extra resources required for an additional server is minimal.

We have large customers who run multiple instances on MONyog using virtualization and are successfully monitoring appx. 200 MySQL servers per instance of MONyog. Of course, this number depends on your hardware and collection interval.

This does not mean that there are any known limitations with MONyog when the number of servers being monitored is more than 200. There might be some installations higher than that, but we have never communicated with them. Our unlimited licence is very flexible and we generally don't know the real number of MySQL servers being monitored by a particular customer.

Having said that, we love working closely with customers having large deployments.

Please contact us at http://www.webyog.com/support mentioning your requirements and we can give you an unrestricted trial so that you can find out MONyog's scalability yourself before buying licenses. We will also provide all the support you need to try MONyog in your environment. We are very passionate about making MONyog work with thousands of MySQL servers and the core MONyog development team will work with you to ensure that MONyog meets your expectations.

Does that sound reasonable?

Sounds great…we actually already downloaded a 30 day trial. However, we still have some questions on some capabilities. I think we are going to try to meet with a rep next week to discuss.

Thanks,

Greg

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.