Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Monyog Replication Monitoring

forums forums Monyog Monyog Comments Monyog Replication Monitoring

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      phanee

Hi,

I am trying to set up the monyog email alert for slave replication such that it will email when the replication stops working(Slave Running=No case).Wat shoud i put in my alert function and wat values should be given in warning and critical state to catch this?

phanee

Can some one help me here

pankajk1608

Hello,

MONyog already has this group  named ‘Replication’ in which there are differnet counters related to replication.In this group,the counter ‘Slave running?’ shows alert when the server stops running as a slave.All you need to do is enable Notification Settings to get the mail for the alerts.You can do this by :

1. Edit server -> Notification settings -> click yes on “Send Notification over mail(SMTP)” or click yes on “Send Notification over SNMP”

2.Now click on the ‘Configure Mail settings’ which appears after clicking yes in “”Send Notification over mail(SMTP)” or “Send Notification over SNMP”.

3. Give your email id in the blank ‘Your email’ and save the settings

You will get your alerts on the email id you entered.

Regards

Pankaj

Team MONyog.

phanee

Hi Pankaj,

I configured the email alerts in the method you mentioned above.But my question if we go on to Replication tab in monitors.We have Option Slave running?

If we enable email alert it sends email alert every 5 mints saying Salve available :Yes.

My question here is i want the email to be triggered only Slave Running : No.

I try changing the customize and unable to give the alert function ,critical value such that it send smail only when the slave stops running

pankajk1608

Hello,

MONyog sends alerts only when the slave stops running,and what you are saying is an unexpected behaviour.We would like to see the screenshots of your customize settings page of the counter ‘Slave running?’ and also the notification setting page so that we could look into the problem that you are facing.

1. For screenshot of customize settings page of the counter ‘Slave running?’ do:

– click on the counter ‘slave running’-> customize-> then on the top right hand corner click ‘view advanced’-> take the full screenshot of this page.

2. For screenshot of notification setting page,do:

-Edit server -> notification settings -> (SMTP or SNMP must be enabled here) take the screenshot of this entire page.

Regards

Pankaj

Team MONyog.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.