Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Monyog Is Not Able To Collect Os Datat

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Monyog Is Not Able To Collect Os Datat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      marcm

Hello,

I just upgraded my MONyog installation to 4.02. The upgrade went smoothly. I restarted MYSQL and I also restarted MONyogd. I also restarted Apache.

Everything seems to be running ok, except I cannot get any Linux OS Data info when I visit the Monitors/Advisors page. MONyog is running on the same machine that I am monitoring, so I'm not sure why it's not getting the info.

Is there something special that I need to configure to get this data? I looked for it and I couldn't find anything. I searched in help also. Any tips here? Would a server reboot help here?

Thanks,

Marc

Hey Marc,

How you doing? As regards to your problem, do you have SSH enabled for the system? MONyog has a limitation. It still needs SSH access to the server that needs to be monitored, even if it is running on that very same server. I'll make a note of this in our internal issue tracker, and discuss it further with the MONyog dev team.

marcm

Hello Sayan,

I do have SSH enabled on the server. That is the primary way that I access it.

So, do I need to configure MONyog to recognize this? Do I need to setup any port info?

Hi Marc,

Yes, you do need to configure MONyog to able access it. Open MONyog's interface, in the 'List of Servers' page click on 'Register a new server' (or edit an existing registration). In the page that appears next select 'SSH Server Details' on the left and fill in the details. I would've given you a screen-shot of it, but for some reason the forum software isn't letting me upload the image. So do come back here if you're unable to get it working… by that time I'm sure the sys admin would have that fixed.

You wouldn't need to configure a port specifically for MONyog. Since SSH by default runs on port 22, you can just fill that in while editing server details.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.