Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Monyog Connection To Amazon Rds Error_Log

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Monyog Connection To Amazon Rds Error_Log

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      piereder

I just installed MONyog on an Amazon EC2 instance I'm using as a webserver with a remote connection to an RDS Mysql instance. Nice easy install, but with a big mystery right in the middle of it. I read several on-line posts and articles that implied that MONyog could access the error and query logs, but I don't see how since RDS doesn't support SSH. I've looked over this forum, the documentation and every stray blog post on the issue, but no joy.

This is effectively the reason I choose to evaluate the trial, so I would appreciate any informed insights on the issue.

Hi Piere,

MONyog needs SSH access to fetch the error log… As of now, it isn't making use of any of the Amazon RDS APIs. It connects to RDS instances as if it were normal MySQL instances. With the query logs however there's a workaround: If you enable logging in MySQL tables instead of disk files, MONyog will be able to retrieve information from them.

Perhaps in the future we will extend MONyog to specifically cater to SaaS databases.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.