Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Monyog-Bin Command Line Options To Use Alternate Config

forums forums Monyog Monyog Deployment Monyog-Bin Command Line Options To Use Alternate Config

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  JoeGibbs 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

bchill

Hello,

Where are the command line options to MONyog-bin documented?

Specifically, I don't want to have the .ini file sitting next to the binary. In true FHS (File Hierarchy Standard), binaries, configs, logs and data are all kept in separate directories.

Thanks for any help!

Brian

Mahesh
    Quote:
    Where are the command line options to MONyog-bin documented?

–> There are no command-line options for MONyog-bin.

You can just check MONyog service status by

* service MONyogd status

* service MONyogd stop (to stop MONyog service)

* service MONyogd start (to start MONyog service)

Quote:
    Specifically, I don't want to have the .ini file sitting next to the binary. In true FHS (File Hierarchy Standard), binaries, configs, logs and data are all kept in separate directories.

–> In Linux all files reside in /usr/local/MONyog (RPM package) and if you are using TAR package then those files are in

//MONyog/

If you are using Windows then:

Windows XP/2003:

Windows XP/2003: {System_drive}:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataWebyogMONyog

Windows Vista/Windows7/2008:

Windows Vista:{System_drive}:ProgramDataWebyogMONyogData

For more information refer this FAQ:

http://static.webyog…Nyog/FAQ.htm#C8

Regards,

Mahesh

Mahesh

Further, There are two scripts under /bin/ folder one it MONyog-bin and other is MONyog

for MONyog-bin there are no command line options available, but for “MONyog” script there are options like

./MONyog status/stop/start

JoeGibbs

Brian,

I took the bin/MONyog shell script and added a variable for the Monyog base directory and then updated all HARD CODED dir names to the variable name. It did allow me to move the ini and other generated files up to the main monyog directory. Also moved the pid file to the same location.

Its not the answer you want but might be all you get for this product as I don’t think these developers are very experienced with Linux systems.

Joe GIbbs

peterlaursen
    Participant

MONyog is not designed to be a command-line managed program.  It is a cross-platform GUI program intended to be very simple to install and use.  This design is intentional.

JoeGibbs

You use a configuration file. Just add extra variables to the configuration file.

peterlaursen
    Participant

Please tell then: what exactly are you missing?

JoeGibbs

Lets start with you force all files (log, config, pid) to the same directory. Other than being the easy solution why can’t we specify logs in one location and config and pid in another.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.