Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Monitors/advisors – Linux Tab – Information Is Empty

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Monitors/advisors – Linux Tab – Information Is Empty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      lyolik

It is working now! Great tool!

Ergh…this is quite embarrasing but – there was another SSH configuration panel in server settings, which I blissfully overlooked. 🙂

I am trying out Monyog and it looks I like managed to install it fine.

Monyog: trial 3.09,

Browser: Firefox

I am monitoring my localhost.

I can see all advises and mysql server settings and also can see disk usage information. However everything in the linux tab in Monitor remains empty, even after enabling ssh tunneling. Restarting monyog did not help either.

There is nothing in the errorlog

I presume the problem is how i am connecting via ssh. I am running monyog on the same host as the one i am monitoring what shall I specify as a host?

Thank you very much for your help! Very much appreciate it.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Host would normally be 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' for a local machine. Using either of those will avoid any DNS lookup on a name server (on local network or Internet), so this will be prefered in comparison with using the LAN ip or global ip (and will/should also avoid issues with Firewall, SuSE AppArmor settings etc.)

With the settings that you use now, what does 'test connection' in the SSH settings page return?

(btw: I have an OpenSuSE 11 here myself but have not configured MONyog on it yet. I will try if if does not help what I wrote above)

lyolik
      peterlaursen wrote on Jun 15 2009, 07:58 PM:
      Host would normally be 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' for a local machine. Using either of those will avoid any DNS lookup on a name server (on local network or Internet), so this will be prefered in comparison with using the LAN ip or global ip (and will/should also avoid issues with Firewall, SuSE AppArmor settings etc.)

With the settings that you use now, what does 'test connection' in the SSH settings page return?

(btw: I have an OpenSuSE 11 here myself but have not configured MONyog on it yet. I will try if if does not help what I wrote above)

Ah sorry Peter, my bad

I have updated my previous post but did not make it clear. It is working fine. Thank you very much for your time. I figured eventually that I just did not see that there were more settings to configure on server configuration page. No wonder it was not collecting Linux data – I did not tell it to 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.