Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Monitoring New Database Created On Mysql From Monyog

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Monitoring New Database Created On Mysql From Monyog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      phanee

Hi Team,

I want to monitor mysql databases (to get a mail ) whenever a new database,table or database dropped.I am able to find the monitor under commands and schema 

1) Number of databases created

2) Number of databases dropped

I ahve two questions here.

1) I want to get mail alert when a new database is created/Dropped.What is the script to be written in the Alert condition and what is critical and warning condition i need to mention

2)I tried enabling this monitor and it started sending mails as number of database created:0 every five minutes(mail alert will come 5 minutes) .I edited notify to NO in view advanced settings but still i am getting alerts and filling my inbox.I suspect the change has not gone to underlying monyog database.

Could you help me in resolving this two issues please

pankajk1608

Hello,

You can have the mail alerts for the counters “Number of databases created” and “Number of databases dropped” by putting a small script in the space provided for “Alert Condition”,so that you will get an alert whenever a database is created or dropped. First of all, you discard all the changes that you have made till now (since you are getting the false mail alerts,there may be some error in your script), to do this, go to “Customize -> Manage changes -> Discard your changes(by clicking on the actions button)”. After this write the  following script in the “Alert Condition” box of the counter “Number of databases created” :

function()

{

if(this.Value >=1)

return “Critical”;

else

return “None”;

}

Please make sure that you have the notification alerts enabled for your server. 

Regards

Pankaj

Team MONyog.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.