Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Missing CD/DVD drive letters in Win98

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Missing CD/DVD drive letters in Win98

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jez

This post is on behalf of a student of mine who has installed MySQL v.4.0.10 and SQL v.3.01 on a Windows 98 machine and has found that his CD and DVD ROM drives have disappeared from My Computer/Windows Explorer.

Not sure if this is a MySQL or SQLyog related problem, or, indeed, something else, but has anyone come across anything like this? I have not encountered this on my Windows XP machine, although I am in the process of trying to replicate his problem on a Win98 PC.

He was upgrading from version 3.23 of MySQL for Windows and had not previously installed SQLyog.

I am seeking more details from him, but if anyone has any initial thoughts I'd be v. grateful.

Cheers

Jez

CalEvans

Wow! Now that's a new one.

I'm gonna have to vote for Windows 'feature' instead of SQLyog.

Sorry for your student''s misfortune. My suggestion would first be to 'overload' windows (install over the top of your existing setup. This should replace any missing files. If that doesn't work you can always wipe it and load http://www.gentoo.org. 😀

=C=

Jez

Hi, Cal

Thanks for the reply.

I think my vote's also going for a Windows glitch rather than SQLyog as I have been unable to replicate the behaviour on a Win98 machine this morning.

They call me Dr Format in the office as I always go for separate Windows and data partitions and do a clean reinstall when Windows ****s up. Nevertheless, your 'overload' suggestion might be more suitable for my student.

I think Linux is probably not what the doctor ordersed for him, but I'm seriously considering myself so thanks for the web link.

Cheers

Jez

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.