Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Menu Item "save…" Inconsistently Worded

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Menu Item "save…" Inconsistently Worded

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      classaxe

Hi there,

I have one very minor (and easy to fix) interface gripe –

In the past there have been occasions where I modified an sql script to create a new one and used 'Save…' on the file menu expecting to be given a warning or some other dialog if I attempted to overwrite an existing file (… normally means 'there will be a dialog or confirmation')

No such warning or dialog is given.

There is nothing wrong with a single-click save function, but the label 'Save…' is misleading.

Anyway, thanks again for continuing to improve this superb product – I love the tabbed and colour-coded connections and drag and drop SQL script loading and check back several times a week for the new versions.

By the way, I do note that your blog post recommends urgent upgrade to 8.6 Beta 2 – this doesn't seem to be available yet.

Blessings,

Martin Francis

Canada

<><

Khushboo

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your appreciation. We are glad to know that you like our product.

Quote:
      In the past there have been occasions where I modified an sql script to create a new one and used 'Save…' on the file menu expecting to be given a warning or some other dialog if I attempted to overwrite an existing file (… normally means 'there will be a dialog or confirmation')

In this case you can use “SaveAs” option given in the file menu which will save it as a new file.

Quote:
      By the way, I do note that your blog post recommends urgent upgrade to 8.6 Beta 2 – this doesn't seem to be available yet.

You can download SQLyog 8.6 Beta 2 from our downloads page (see the screenshot).

http://webyog.com/en/downloads.php

Regards,

Khushboo

peterlaursen
      Participant

@Khusboo. I think Martin's point is that the dots is “save ..” indicates that there will be options later (what there is not if a file has been loaded).

I think:

1) “save ..” should be “save” (no dots)

2) “save” option should be greyed out if the editor content was not opened from a file. In that case only “save as ..” makes sense.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.