Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Mariadb

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Mariadb

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      TerryKellum

Since MySQL is now under the thumb of Oracle, Monty has created a fork of MySQL called MariaDB. This fork replaces the MyISAM engine with the Maria engine, and the InnoDB engine with the PBXT engine. These new engines appear to be somewhat backwards compatible with the old engines they are replacing.

I'm considering an upgrade to this version to insure that I'm not caught by any sudden moves by Oracle.

Is there any thought about including MariaDb compatibility in future versions of SQLyog?

Thanks!

navyashree.r

Hi,

We already have request regarding MARIADB in our issue tracker,

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=538

Thank You for reporting.

Regards,

Navya

peterlaursen
      Participant

As you see in the link provided by Navya, we do already support the Maria Engine. We support EVERY storage engine that is recorded in Information_Schema.Engines table with MySQL 5.1 and higher. Also PBXT for instance. This applies to GUI functionalities. From the editor you can do anything with every engine of course.

However the Maria non-transactional mode is not supported yet. It is not a big problem, I think. People will use the transactional (and crash-safe) mode for data. However for the system tables in the `mysql`database the non-transactional mode would probably be used for MyISAM replacement (I did not check MariaDB yet – only the Maria Engine as shipped with MySQL 6.0).

We had actually planned to include full GUI support for Maria non-transactional mode in 8.13. But we will now 'freeze' soon and release 8.13. And Maria non-transactional mode will be next.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.