Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Lots Of Not Responding Issues After Install Of 12.12

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Lots Of Not Responding Issues After Install Of 12.12

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sendera

I just installed SQLyog 12.12 on windows 8.1 and have been getting Not Responding issues when doing various things for example, saving a connection, switching between connection and query windows, and after closing tool windows. The app does not crash and it eventually does whatever it is supposed to to, it just takes several minutes. The computer has plenty of memory, cpu and a good connection. Have tried watching with task manager but haven’t noticed anything pegged during these times. Anyone have experience with this or suggestions on how I can trouble shoot? Thanks.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Could you please try to

1) turn off ‘session restore’. Just in order to find out if it is is related. You do from menu .. tools . preferences .. ‘others’ tab.

2) temproarily turn off what AV/security software you are using. We have some examples that some (one is NOD/ESET) over-agressively prevent writes to user’s “user profile” – in particular if it isbinary writes (and not plain text).  ‘session restore’ and ‘autocomplete’ data are binary SQLite writes. If it is AV- related please tell what you use of the kind and also ensure that you have the latest updates (signatures etc.). 

What was your old SQLyog version, BTW?

xylofon64
      Participant

I have the same problem with sqlyog 12.12 for Windows 7. Turning of “session restore” has no effect.

However, I got a timeout every time I tried to save the settings, I had to edit sqlyog.ini to turn off session restore.

My AV is the System Center Endpoint Protection, I have unfortunately not the permissions to turn it off on my computer.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please try 12.13. Have you restarted Windows, BTW? 

DoctorScottPA
      Participant

I’m also seeing this behavior in 12.16 on Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). Windows has been restarted several times since the installation of this version. I’m using Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 15.0.2.361.

It seems that anything related to user preferences / connection profiles is really slow.  For example, I opened the Tools > Preferences > Other tab to deactivate the “Restore session on startup” option.  When I pressed the OK button to apply the setting, the program went “Not Responding” for several minutes.  Something similar happened when I tried to update the server name of the SSH server for a saved connection.  The UI went “Not Responding” for several minutes but eventually finished the action, though the connection information was not actually updated.

When I monitored the process thread activity using SysInternals Process Monitor, I saw repeated attempts by SQLyog.exe to access sqlyog.ini in my AppData directory (D:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingSQLyog).  These attempts failed despite the fact that I owned the file and had full rights to it.  When I changed the permissions of the file to give all users Modify and Write rights (they previously had Read & Execute and Read), the UI magically became more responsive and the settings were properly saved.  After the change other seemingly unrelated activities, such as exporting the records to the clipboard, also became regular activities instead of agonizingly slow.

I would have assumed that SQLYog would have accessed sqlyog.ini as the currently-logged-in Windows user, but apparently not… but it seems like we may have a workaround!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.