Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Logging Into Database On Local Network

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Logging Into Database On Local Network

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lawrencef

i have installed msql via xampp on my laptop and all working fine including sqlyog when logging in from the laptop. however when i arrive at work and connect the laptop to the network, i want to be able to access mysql from my work desktop… does anyone know what setting i need to put into the login screen of sqlyog. laptop ip address is 10.0.0.224 and have put this as host address but doesnt work. using win vista on desktop, win xp pro on laptop, sqlyog v 7.15

Supratik

If you want to connect MySQL server(Laptop) from SQLyog running under Vista(desktop) you need to

verify the following steps.

1. Please check the connectivity between your laptop and desktop.

You may run the ping test from you desktop. “ping 10.0.0.224”

2. Please check if you have the MySQL port opened in your Win XP firewall settings.

You may verify this by running the telnet command from your Vista OS. “telnet 10.0.0.224 “.

3. Please make sure that the MySQL user is having priviledge to connect from any other IP apart from localhost.

You may create a user as “username@%” this will allow you to connect from any IP.

4. Please provide the IP of the laptop in the SQLyog connection window.

Please refer to “SQLyog-Connection-Window.PNG”

Please let me know if you have any questions.

lawrencef

thanks Supratik

ive checked item 1 and 2 and all fine ie can ping and also can navigate the 10.0.0.224 computer using windows from the desktop. also have checked (item 2) that the mysql port is open on the laptop win xp firewall.

i dont know how to allow mysql priveledge you mention in item 3 below. can i do this via sqlyog or via xampp control panel – if so how. or do i need to go into actual mysql config file … and again … if so … how do i do it. i dont understand where you enter the “username@%” you have mentioned below

thx again for your help

“”3. Please make sure that the MySQL user is having priviledge to connect from any other IP apart from localhost.

You may create a user as “username@%” this will allow you to connect from any IP.””

peterlaursen
      Participant

A MySQL user is identified using both name and host. This means that someuser@localhost and someuser@anotherhost are two different users and if only someuser@localhost exists it is not possible to connect as someuser from remote machines. However you may use wildcards in the host part and thus 'someuser'@'%' will be able to connect from everywhere.

FROM any client that is able to connect you may execute (as root):

Code:
      CREATE USER 'someuser'@'%'

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'someuser'@'%';

Now try to connect to MySQL with SQLyog as 'someuser' using NO password. (you can add password and adjust privileges from SQLyog User Management once connected).

Also I think that MySQL distributed with XAMPP does not use the standard port (3306), but you probably know.

It would be helpful if you told exactly what error you get (error no., error message and possibly a screenshot of the error dialog)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.