Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Local Organization Of Tables

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Local Organization Of Tables

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Michaeldee

I have many many tables in one of my databases. Right now, I organize them by naming them appropriately. For example, any table that contains health insurance information for employees starts with the name HE_, any table that deals with statistics and reporting starts with the name ST_, research & development starts with RD_ etc.

It would be nice to have a way to locally organize my tables into folders on the left pane. For example, I could create a local folder called Health Insurance, and drag/drop tables in there. That way, I'm not scrolling through hundreds of tables to find the group that I'm looking for. Very often I'll spend one or more entire days writing code based on the same half dozen or so tables, and to be able to collapse folders that contain all the other tables would help keep me organized.

A method of locally organizing and viewing tables would be a huge benefit for me. Is that something that is possible?

Thanks for the absolute best method of working with MySQL that I've ever had the pleasure to use.

Michael diLorenzo

Khushboo

Hi Michael ,

Thank you for your feedback!

We already have this request in our wish list:

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1464

We will discuss and schedule this according to our priority.

Regards,

Khushboo

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.