Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Linux Os Data No Longer Available After Monyog Upgrade From 3.7.7 To 4

forums forums Monyog Monyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Linux Os Data No Longer Available After Monyog Upgrade From 3.7.7 To 4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Stig

Hello and thanks for MONyog,

I'm upgrading from MONyog-3.7.7-0.glibc-2.5-42.x86_64.tar.gz Ultimate to MONyog-4.5.1-0.x86_64.tar.gz Ultimate on a RedHat EL5.5 host as a non privileged user, monitoring mysqld instances on other RedHat EL5.5 hosts, running version 5.1.48 of mysqld. SSH server details are set up, using a key with a passphrase, the connection test is successful, the user on the host running MONyog is different to the user running mysqld on the hosts being monitored, the SSH username is the same as the user running mysqld on the host being monitored.

With 3.7.7 Ultimate the linux OS data was available, with 4.5.1 Ultimate it is reporting as not available, the SSH connection test is successful. The slow query log analyzer is now also reporting “SshConnect: Error while connecting to ssh server — Couldn't apply options”, previously this worked. The log has errors such as:

[4.51] [2011-05-19 07:41:21] [Server: hostname] src/ysshsession.cpp(110) ErrCode:2 ErrMsg:SshConnect: Error while connecting to ssh server — Couldn't apply options

[4.51] [2011-05-19 07:41:21] [Server: hostname] populatesystem.cpp(140) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:ConnectToSsh: Unable to connect to SSH for server hostname

[4.51] [2011-05-19 07:41:21] [Server: hostname] src/ysftp.cpp(92) ErrCode:-2 ErrMsg:GetFileAsString: SFTP session invalid

[4.51] [2011-05-19 07:41:21] [Server: hostname] populatesystem.cpp(436) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:GetFileFromProc:

[4.51] [2011-05-19 07:41:21] [Server: hostname] src/ysshsession.cpp(110) ErrCode:2 ErrMsg:SshConnect: Error while connecting to ssh server — Couldn't apply options

[4.51] [2011-05-19 07:41:21] [Server: hostname] populatesystem.cpp(140) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:ConnectToSsh: Unable to connect to SSH for server hostname

[4.51] [2011-05-19 07:41:21] [Server: hostname] src/ysftp.cpp(92) ErrCode:-2 ErrMsg:GetFileAsString: SFTP session invalid

[4.51] [2011-05-19 07:41:21] [Server: hostname] populatesystem.cpp(212) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:GetMysqlPid:

Thanks.

Peter (Stig) Edwards

Mahesh

We will check this at our end and update the status

I suggest we can arrange a screen sharing session using GoToMeeting tool ? Can you please tell which timezone you are in and suitable time to have screen sharing session?

Stig

I am in London, currently UTC/GMT+1. If you are available now, it's a suitable time to have a screen sharing session. Thanks.

Mahesh

We will start now itself. Can you please create a ticket for privacy by sending an email to “[email protected]” ?

(It is better to do screen sharing session in ticket)

Stig

I have sent an email, thanks.

dvanhollen
      Participant

What was the resolution here? I am experiencing the same problem in MONyog 5.2.

Mahesh

@dvanhollen

i) Make sure that SSH connection from MONyog is working? (If you are able to connect to Linux host using putty, FileZilla standard SSH client then MONyog should also be able to connect to Linux host)

ii) You have to give Linux details in Add/Edit server –> SSH settings section, also you have to enable 'Linux' group from 'Advanced settings' –> Monitors section (Refer attached screenshots) to get OS metrics.

dvanhollen
      Participant

I am using key-based authentication between my monitoring server (hostA) and my database server (host:cool:. From hostA commandline, I am able to `ssh myuser@hostB` successfully. In MONyog 'SSH settings', I have set:

SSH host: hostB

SSH port: 22

SSH username: myuser

Authentication type: Key

Private Key:

(We use no passphrase.)

Attached is the result. This is the same error message that I get when I attempt to connect to a nonexistent host (e.g. 'foo').

I am using MONyog 5.2 on RedHat Enterprise 6.2.

Mahesh

Ok.. can you create a support ticket by sending an email to '[email protected]' for privacy.

We may have a screen sharing session to resolve this problem.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.