Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

It's Just Text Not A Function

forums forums Monyog Monyog: Bugs / Feature Requests It's Just Text Not A Function

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      STEVER

When we save data in table text that contains something like “SUM()” – like SQL function

– it tries to convert it and execute.

this leads to error because it is just a TEXT, not a function.

Could you please something do with it?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Read this FAQ please: http://www.webyog.co…/8_116_en.html.

1) You can turn off 'smart keywords' (and functions) in tools .. preferences

2) Or you can enclose in `backticks` when entering such in SQLyog DATA/RESULT GRID.

.. so there is nothing we need to *do with it*. It is already done long ago.

peterlaursen
      Participant

And this (quote from the FAQ)

Code:
      if you have entered ´now()´, the grid will show now(). If you next UPDATE that row, now() will be interpreted as a function – not as a literal. You can 'work around' this by working from the RESULT pane with a SELECT statement that does not include the column affected.

.. is not a problem for the last around 9 months actually as we since then only update columns that were updated by user. But I missed that the FAQ needed a small update here!

peterlaursen
      Participant

I forgot to tell that the setting to turn ON/OFF 'smart keywords* is in preferences 'Others' tab.

STEVER

peterlaursen,

thank you very much for your answer!

`backticks` exactly what I was looking for.

Shinge

Just like in LiveType. Id love to have the same right click pop-up menu in FCPs text generators that LiveType has. Very powerful menu.

peterlaursen
      Participant

@Shinge: how is that related to our discussion here?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.