Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Installation Problem 9.3.0

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Installation Problem 9.3.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnS

When trying to install 9.3.0. I get the error :

Error opening file for writing

C:Program Files(x86)SQLyogSQLyog.exe

I have downloaded the installer again but still the same problem.

Is there some problem with this release?

Thanks

ashwin

If SQLyog is already opened and if you are installing on the same path you will get this error. If this is not the case, can you please tell:

– Are you an administrator user?

– What Windows OS do you use?

– Could you try temporarily to disable what 'security suite' you have?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think the SQLyog process is running. If so the SQLyog binary is locked by the system. Please check from Task Manager. Or try reboot the system.

(I have seen a few times that Windows may close an application *uncompletely*. It will disappear from GUI but process is still running in the background. As far as I remember it was on early Vista I experienced this)

JohnS

Thanks for the reply and sorry I did not reply sooner (thought the forum would notify me of replies but apparantly not).

I am running Windows 7

Not a problem with SQLyog running, it was closed and no process running in task manager.

Was running as Admin and even tried installing by right click and run as Admin, but same issue.

Eventually installed by turning McAfee off completely.

I am not sure if it is significant but now McAfee is also detecting 9.3.0 as a potential virus when downloading.

Regards

John

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have had 'false positives' with other AV tools – including Symantec and AVG – before. It normally gets resolved with next AV signature update. We have no other reports like this, so I think we will wait if there are more reports like this coming.

But thanks for updating here.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.