Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

INSERT error 1064

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests INSERT error 1064

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      mp3

I can't get an INSERT to work <_< whereas the same statement works just fine on mySQL Control Center :ph34r: What gives? 😮 Error Code : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'update `gentradedbprod`.`symbolticksummary` set ticksperday = daycount/tickcount' at line 4

Ritesh

Hello

Are you writing the Insert SQL stmt. by hand?

If YES, then please paste the SQL stmt. out here so that I can look at it and point to the error ( if there are any ) 😀

HTH

Bogdan Zagan

just as a sugestion:

You can redirect the errors to MYQSL site. Capture the erorr and put there a help button that will open the authorised mysql site page.

Cheers, Bogdan

mp3

Actually it is an update statement:

update gentradedbprod.symbolticksummary set ticksperday = tickcount/daycount;

Thanks 🙄

mp3

Bogdan,

I am not sure what you are suggesting. The statement works from the mySQL GUI and not from SQLyog, so there is probably very little they can do about it … 😀

Ritesh

Hello

Remove the ; at the end

HTH

mp3

Still an issue. It seems it is picking up the beginning of the next line.

Error Code : 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'update gentradedbprod.symbolticksummary set ticksperday = tickcount/daycount

se' at line 4

(0 ms taken)

I moved the line at the end of SQL window and it works. There are about fifteen lines in it. I send it over to you for reference as an attachment.

mp3

Someone posted a follow up on this thread, but somehow it didn't make it to the discussion group.

Here is his post:

mp3,

mringger has sent you this email from http://www.webyog.com/forums/index.php.

Did you figure out how to fix this issue? I am having the same one.

Yes and no. I just moved the statement at the end of the script window.

Ritesh

Hello

We have downloaded the .sql script and working on it. But its very difficult to test it since we dont have the correct database structure.

Can you send us a .sql script for recreating the database at our testing machine.

Waiting for your response and looking forward to sort the problem out 😀

Ritesh
      Quote:
      select * from `gentradedbprod`.`symbolticksummary` order by tickcount desc limit 0,5000;

select * from `gentradedbprod`.`mysqlticks` order by tickID Desc limit 0,5000

update gentradedbprod.symbolticksummary set ticksperday = tickcount/daycount

select * from ticksummary where symbolID = 3213 and BarDate=73895  GROUP BY SymbolID ,BarDate ORDER BY symbolID, BarDate;

The above queries are taken from the SQL file provided by you. There is no ; before the Update statement . You need to put a ; after the select * from `gentrde… query.

Without the ; SQLyog is not able to figure where the query ends 😀

The correct SQL stmts are given below –

Quote:
      select * from `gentradedbprod`.`symbolticksummary` order by tickcount desc limit 0,5000;

select * from `gentradedbprod`.`mysqlticks` order by tickID Desc limit 0,5000;

update gentradedbprod.symbolticksummary set ticksperday = tickcount/daycount;

select * from ticksummary where symbolID = 3213 and BarDate=73895  GROUP BY SymbolID ,BarDate ORDER BY symbolID, BarDate;

;

HTH

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.