Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Importing from Oracle 8 and NULL fields

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Importing from Oracle 8 and NULL fields

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      eaustin84

Nice tool! Hopefully, you can fill me in on the following and tell me (if anything!) what I'm doing wrong.

I'm doing an ODBC import w/ a SQL Select, importing data from a remote Oracle 8 DB to a MySql dB hosted locally. All seems to go fine (no errors). When viewing the imported table, however, it seems that any field that had a NULL value in the original table will subsequently render the rest of the fields imported after that field NULL as well.

For example:

FirstName LastName Age Sex

John Smith 17 M

Jane Smith NULL F

Jack Smith NULL M

Jane Smith has no age value in the original table, but Jack Smith does, yet the NULL value from Jane's record is carrying over to Jacks' record, and so on.

Any ideas?

Ritesh

Try importing data from the same table instead of query. Does Importing data from Table itself solves the problem? If YES then there is a bug in SQLyog and we will fix it in SQLyog 3.6

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.