Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Importing Excel Data To Multiple Relationship Tables All At Once

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Importing Excel Data To Multiple Relationship Tables All At Once

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      zenggggg

Hi, folks

I want to streamline our data import process. I have a excel file, my final goal is to do user imports. But User tables has firm and city columns. If these are new firms and new cities, then I have to import data to city table first then get the new cities ID for next step which is import data to firm tables, grab firm ids then I can finally import data to user tables. We do a lot of imports similar to this one, like for products, pricings.

Is there anyway I can streamline this? right now I just import to one table at a time by the power tool import from external data wizard.  Please let me know. Thank  you very much

peterlaursen
      Participant

I cannot really think of an automated soluiton.  If I understand the problem is that the target (MySQL) tables use Foreign key Constraints, but the source (Excel) has no idea of such things. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.