Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

importing double from msaccess

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications importing double from msaccess

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      strimmerboy

Don't know if this is a bug or just a setting that I haven't managed to find. When I import a column of doubles (1.234, 2.456… etc) from access 2000 they are converted to double(15,0) – that is to say, everything after the decimal point is dropped.

I know that you can transform the column during import, but since this is a table I have to update frequently it would be a real lifesaver to be able to change the default setting.

Can anyone help me round this?

Shadow

You can create an sql script file for the job and choose “Use a query…” option instead of copying the tables.

By the way, why do you have to import the same table that often?

strimmerboy

Thanks… I'll try out the script.

The reason for frequent updates is that we have a legacy system which we haven't yet fully migrated from Access2000. As a result we need frequent updates to the live mySQL database. I'm currently moving everything over to a mySQL/PHP interface, so I don't want to waste too much time on an elegant solution to getting the data out of Access.

Thanks again for the script tip

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.