Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Importing Csv Problem

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Importing Csv Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Flynn

I am importing a csv file into a database table and am having a problem with one particular field in the file. Some of the fields import but some don't, and the only way I can get it to import is to set the datatype to varchar with a sufficiently big enough length (I have not tried every single datatype so others may work). Even with the varchar set, though, some of the fields won't import.

For example:

100001239830426 will not import, but 1183846635 will (although it is displayed as 1183846635.0 and I'm not sure why it is adding the decimal place).

The cell beginning with 10000 as above is just left empty with no value at all filled in.

Again, when I run the import with varchar set for this field, it does import with no areas, but leaves some fields blank. Any other datatype for this field seems to generate errors.

I'm not the most experienced person so I may be doing something wrong, but have imported other csv files without problems in the past. I'm using version 8.82.

Aparna

Hi,

The sample data that you have provided imports absolutely fine without having to change the data type to Varchar. Can you please tell us how you connect to MySQL(Direct/HTTP/SSH) and your MySQL version? In order to find the version of MySQL that you are using please execute

SELECT VERSION();. If it is either SSH or direct connection then goto the table menu and try the option IMPORT CSV DATA USING LOAD LOCAL option to import the CSV file. Can you create a job file using import external data and send it to us(Sensitive information like the MySQL connection details can be removed from the job file). Also request you to send the CSV file in order to replicate and understand the issue at our end. If the data is confidential you can create a support ticket by mailing us at [email protected]

Thanks and Regards,

Aparna.

peterlaursen
      Participant

And .. what column type do you import to?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.