Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Import Wizard + Csv With No File Headers

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Import Wizard + Csv With No File Headers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      chris2015

hi all

In SQLyog I’m trying to import CSV files (without field headers) into a table with matching column count and type/size definition.

The files are from an external company and I’m not able to request the headers are included.

However, a manual ‘LOAD DATA INFILE’ works perfectly but I want to be able to schedule this task.

I assume the import wizard is the easiest way / my familiar way.

I can’t get any of the import wizards to process a file without a header, either as a direct CSV import or ODBC import referencing the folder of CSV files.

I could (as give-up solution) script to insert file headers before import. I prefer to persist…

Once I select my destination table, I tried all combination of adjustments in the ‘Column Mapping and Transformations’ form (as attached).

The wizard understandably takes the first like of file data as column headings and then I can set the destination columns.

Issue is there are repeat values in the file so header duplication results and the import process fails / the mapping has been reconfigured by the wizard.

Is it possible to edit the SQL once the job is saved (I guess XML file) to perform a ‘LOAD DATA INFILE’ rather than the field mapping of the wizard?

I’m running SQLyog Enterprise – v12.04(64bit).

Any bright ideas?

Much appreciated for any experience shared.

Chris

Hi Chris,

You can try SQL scheduler and reporting wizard (CTRL+ALT+N) to automatically execute SQL queries, in your case query is ‘LOAD DATA INFILE’. You can also schedule execution of ‘LOAD DATA INFILE’ for your requirement. Hope It helps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.