Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Import from Oracle problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jlitz

When I try and import straight from the ODBC I receive errors in creating the table that the columns are duplicated but in fact they are not. I am using the wizard and I wondering there are issues with it.

Ritesh

Are you able to import correctly from any other ODBC client like MS Access or Excel. Just wanted to confirm whether the ODBC driver is installed correctly.

jlitz

I have been able to use ms access driver and some of the oracle tables do come over one of the common errors I receive is duplicate column information in the auto generated SQL. It is kinda of bizarre. When I look at the table there are no duplicate column names. It appears to have problems with the Oracle driver.

I believe I figured out what is specifically going on. When oracle tables have indexes set the auto import feature works no problem. When Oracle has no index set it ask which field do you want to use as the index.

A feature that is not reflected when using the auto import in sqlyog.

Hence I believe this is the reason why the autogenerate SQL duplicates itself and thus errors generated importing the data. If you try an import into access you will see it first pulls the data and the second a prompt says which field is to be used as an index.

This is where I believe the import feature in SQLyog is getting hung up.

Ritesh

I am working on it and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Néo

Hi there,

is the problem described above considered as fixed ?

Just wondering whether the problem I had importing from DBF Files was on my side, coming from my Foxpro ODBC Driver or something you'd get fixed in SQLyog.

Thank's for your help

Néo

wessel

Hi all,

I have a similar issue when importing from a view created for me in Oracle. I have set up a import to run every 1 hour and import all from the view with the following where clause:

TEST_DATE > SYSDATE-60/1440

The problem is, this import is totally dependent on time and if for some reason it will find a duplicate, it will import the duplicate. I have tried all 3 different options in the wizard at the advanced tab:

o Update with source details

o Keep target data

o Abort

No matter which option I select, I still get duplicates.

Unfortunately there is no primary key defined as I am importing from a view, but I would still think SQLyog can check for duplicated and follow one of the 3 options above.

Is this a bug in SQLyog or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help, this is my first post on this forum.

Wessel

ashwin

Could you tell us the structure of the source? If there are PK(s) in the target then importing from source and having 'Keep target data' will not import duplicates. So you must have a target table with some PK in it without which duplicates will be imported.

It does not matter if your source is from a view, but the target table must have unique index so that there will be no duplicates on import.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.