Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Import From Ms Access Fails On 64 Bit Machine?

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Import From Ms Access Fails On 64 Bit Machine?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      iceman
      Participant

I am running a 64 bit version of SQLyog under Win 7

I have an Access 2003 database containing a table I want to import into a table in MySQL.

1) Using the Import wizard in SQLyog I choose ‘Access’ as the type of Data Source.

2) I choose the database name under ‘Filename’

3) I click ‘next’

Then I get an error message saying ’64 bit drivers for Microsoft Office not found. To download click here.’

The ‘here’ is a hyperlink that doesn’t work and anyway I understand there are no 64 bit drivers for Access.

I had similar issues trying to import from Excel or csv, always centering around the fact that no drivers were available.

Is there a solution to this?

sathish

Hello,

In this particular case you will need to use SQLyog 32 bit. 

Please refer release notes for version 11.0 beta1: http://blog.webyog.com/2013/01/31/sqlyog-mysql-gui-11-0-beta-1-released/

“2) ‘Import external data’ (ODBC):

The 64 bit version will require 64 bit ODBC-drivers.  This is a particular problem with import from Microsoft Office programs as well as from text/CSV files when not using a DSN created explicitly but using the temporary file-DSN that SQLyog can create in the background. The problem is that 32 bit MS Office will install 32 bit drivers and after that 64 bit drivers cannot be installed (it is possible the other way around and 64 bit MS Office drivers are available for download. MS Office 2013 64 bit – and maybe also MS Office 2007 64 bit – installs 64 bit drivers that works fine with the 64 bit architecture of this release. Office 2010 did not have the option for 64 bit). This issue as well as non-availability of 64 bit drivers for some of your data sources may make you decide to stay with the 32 bit version or have both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version installed.”

Regards,

Sathish

peterlaursen
      Participant
      iceman
      Participant

Yes, I was using a 32 bit version on another machine to to get round the problem.

I didn’t realise that I could have both 32 and 64 installed on the same machine using the same licence.

Problem solved now, thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.