Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Import from Excel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ronf

I am trying to import from an excel 2000 worksheet and create a new table. I am running on XP professional. I set up a odbc file pointing to the worksheet and begin the import. I get a dialogue box asding me what tables I wish to import, but there are no choices in the dialogue box. Is this a known issue?

Ritesh

This is strange !!!

Lot of our users have imported data from EXCEL files.

Can you send me the EXCEL file so that we can work on it out here?

ronf

I forwarded the spreadsheets to your email since the forum would not let me attach them to the reply.

ronf

Are there any updates on this problem? … Ron

Shadow

It's got nothing to do with SQLyog, it is all about the slappy and buggy MS ODBC driver for Excel. No matter how your worksheets are constructed, no tables will ever show up in the import wizard, you have to manually enter a valid SQL statement instead. Worksheet names must be provided as follows: [Sheet1$] (mark the $ sign!) or `Sheet1$`.

ronf

I have now upgraded my office package to version 2002 (xp). I tried to do an import from this spreadsheet, but my trial period has expired. Is there any way to run a test to see if this will owrk?

Ritesh

No.

You have to install SQLyog in a different machine and try it out.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.