Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

'import External Data Wizard Freezes For About 15-20 Minutes

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests 'import External Data Wizard Freezes For About 15-20 Minutes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am trying to edit an existing import to add tables as required for reports I am writing and every time I try to edit it to add a new table it freezes for about 15-20 minutes before the selected tables are displayed. Is there any way to improve this?

Thanks,

Scott.

Aparna

Hi,

As i understand you are trying to check and un-check the tables from the Import External Data wizard and the application freezes for about 15 minutes(correct me if i am wrong). Can you please tell me the version of SQLyog that you are using? This issue is fixed in 8.6 and the versions above that. Kindly upgrade and check if that solves your problem. If not please post the exact steps to replicate the issue you are facing.

Regards,

Aparna.

Thanks for the reply. Yes your understanding is correct. I am using version 8.82 and still have the issue. The database is Greentree via ODBC which has 100's of tables. It is strange as when I first create the import the table selection shows up after a few seconds, but when I try to edit I get this really long pause for 15-20 minutes which I have to wait for. I would sync all tables but this would take way too long as the 20 odd tables I am currently syncing is taking about 2.5 hours already. In terms of steps I am going to 'Powertools' on the menu, then 'Import External Data…' and selecting to edit an existing job, I then click 'Next' several times until I can see the table selection, the pause happens once I click on the 'Next' button on the screen before the tables are displayed.

Thanks.

Scott.

'Aparna' wrote:

Hi,

As i understand you are trying to check and un-check the tables from the Import External Data wizard and the application freezes for about 15 minutes(correct me if i am wrong). Can you please tell me the version of SQLyog that you are using? This issue is fixed in 8.6 and the versions above that. Kindly upgrade and check if that solves your problem. If not please post the exact steps to replicate the issue you are facing.

Regards,

Aparna.

Aparna

Hi Scott,

Post 8.6 we have improved the number of tables that can be populated and handled in the GRID of Import External Data but, it certainly matters where your source server is. While populating the GRID not only is the visual selection involved in the operation but also some background processing that requires time. In order to save time you can save a job file consisting of the tables you want to Import and run them as and when required.

Regards,

Aparna.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.