Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Import External Data Wizard Error

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Import External Data Wizard Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      smine
      Participant

SQLyog Ultimate 8.61, WinXP SP3. i need to import from a file that is tab-delimited and has .txt extension. i run the Import External Data Wizard (Ctrl+Alt+O) and choose CSV as Type of Data Source then click Setup > Options > Define Format to set Format as Tab-delimited with Column Name Headers. (if i do not define Format as Tab-delimited, the entire row loads as a single column.) when i click OK i get the error shown in the attached screenshot. also, a file named “schema.ini” magically shows up in the Tables list. despite the error, the import ultimately seems to work, i just wondered if i am doing something wrong to generate the error.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I copy a reply that (my colleague) Khusboo posted to another user (in our ticket system):

This is a known issue with Microsoft driver, please refer to these links:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235889 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884038 

The issue is because of the corrupted “Schema.ini” file which is created while Defining the Text Format through “Guess”.

In this case “Column Type” is not defined for the columns. This file is created in the same folder where the text files are present.

So as a work around you can add “Column Type and length” along with the Column Names in Schema.ini file (example  “Char width 255”)

Please do these changes in schema.ini and try importing through Import External Data.

I understand it is not an issue because the file is TAB-delimited, but because it is a 'fixed-width' CSV-file (some crazy thing that Microsoft invented, I believe!)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.