Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Import External Data – Sqlplus Max_rows

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Import External Data – Sqlplus Max_rows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      eradar

Hi,

I have a database that collects data every 5mins, I’m looking to update a MySQL database with this data every time it’s collected in the original database.

I setup the import external data job, ran it with import into existing table and update with source details.

If I run this every 5 mins, I am expecting it to add the new record to MySQL.

However it seems to be retrieving all of the records (well up to 100,000) every time.

So I tried limiting the rows it could see by using SET MAX_ROWS 10;

However this returns no result.

When I run the same query in SQLplus it returns the correct amount.

Is there some way to just incrementally update the data or fix the max_rows issue?

Sibin A S

Hi,

You can import only the newly added rows , that is the rows which were not imported in the previous import sessions. You may find the steps which are clearly documented in our SQLyog knowledge base, here >> http://sqlyogkb.webyog.com/article/283-copy-tables-from-the-data-source-incremental-import-sessions

Regards,

Sibin

eradar

Thanks for the response Sibin, unfortunately I have no write access to the database, so I cannot add a column to track imported data to the source database.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.