Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Import Error – Excel Xlsx File

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Import Error – Excel Xlsx File

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      chris2015

Hi all

I’m receiving Excel .xlsx files from a customer that (according to the file properties) are created using Kendo UI Excel export module (a jQuery module).

These Excel files fail to import using SQLyog with ‘Microsoft Excel ODBC driver’ version 15.00.4543.1 dated 23/01/2014.

Error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] External table is not in the expected format.

I’ve done a lot of internet searching with no successful work around.

Has anyone else had this issues importing xlsx files with SQLyog?

There are code snippets out there of work arounds for changing the import string to the driver but being SQLyog, I can’t modify their coding.

These files open OK in Excel and if I save the unchanged file, the ODBC issue does not occur.

I’m running Windows 10 + Office 2016 + ‘MS Access Runtime 2013’ (unable to install Runtime 2016 with a clash with Office / Microsoft website reports version 2013 and 2016 are near identical).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

chris2015

So here’s a weird quirk – if I repeat the above import, the ODBC error message changes to:ODBC Excel Driver General error unable to open registry key temporary (volatile) ace DSN

Even after I restart my computer and try a copy of the import file, this same error occurs.

If I re-install SQLyog (version 12.2.6 current version), the error revert back ‘External table is not in the expected format’ and another import reverts to error ‘open registry key temporary (volatile) ace DSN’.

Odd….

The source Excel file is attached for any willing helpers.

Thanks

Chris

Sibin A S

Hi Chris,

Can you please tell if you have installed Office 2016 32-bit or 64-bit? Also tell us your SQLyog version and also tell us if it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Regards,

Sibin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.