Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Import Csv File Error

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Import Csv File Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Davis
      Participant

Ok, I'm trying to import a CSV file that I generated using SQLYog's export to CSV from the same table in a copy of the database and it's not work. I get 'Error while importing data', talk about a vague error message.

Any clues as to finding out why I'm getting the error?

Keith Davis wrote on Oct 6 2006, 03:23 PM:
      Ok, I'm trying to import a CSV file that I generated using SQLYog's export to CSV from the same table in a copy of the database and it's not work. I get 'Error while importing data', talk about a vague error message.

Well, I just found at least one problem. The export cotained duplicate primary keys.

Nope, that still doesn't work.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please read this FAQ:

http://webyog.com/faq/28_73_en.html

If the settings in the import dialogue and the export dialogue is/was identical it should not happen.

Can you give us a small sample CSV and a screenshot of your import settings?

mike
      Keith Davis wrote on Oct 6 2006, 09:30 PM:

Well, I just found at least one problem. The export cotained duplicate primary keys.

Nope, that still doesn't work.

Ensure that there are no mySQL illegal characters in your file name such characters like brackets,square brackets,apostrophes,quotes, commas or colons etc.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.