Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

I'm first

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

It seems you overlooked an earlier bug report concerning the editor/SQL-pane (from an earlier rather confued thread)

This does not work

peterlaursen
      Participant

however this does.

Problem is that the “;” concluding/ending the first SQL-statement is not being “caught” and thus not passed to MySQL in a correct way due to statement having more characters than the editor can handle.

peterlaursen
      Participant

more correct:

having more characters than the editor can handle.

>>>>

having more characters IN ONE LINE than the editor can handle.

when inserting a linefeed before the “;” it works

Ritesh

You had reported an error regarding incorrect colorisation of SQL statements in editor. Can you mail me a dump of your database and the query to reproduce the error?

peterlaursen
      Participant

In the very same thread I mentioned this problem too. I even posted one extra reply to remind you ..

Quote:
      Posted: May 21 2005, 05:59 PM  

BTW – that reminds me that in the above examples the eidtor does not recognize the concluding

“………. ; ”

of each statement.

However if I put in a linebreak like

“…….. <<< ;”

– it does.

It must be all that rain in India … 😮

Again you can have a dump from one of the tables from my webserver and import to MySQL 5.x

then execute this SQL (in one line) and you will get the error:

Code:
      CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED VIEW `musik`.`kunstner` AS select count(0) AS `##`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner` AS `Kunstner`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Genre` AS `Genre`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel` AS `Albumtitel` from `musik`.`mp3_filer` where ((`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner` is not null) and (`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel` is not null) and (`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner` <> _latin1'') and (`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel` <> _latin1'')) group by `musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Genre` order by `musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Genre`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel`;

this however is OK (linebreak before concluding “;”):

Code:
      CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED VIEW `musik`.`kunstner` AS select count(0) AS `##`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner` AS `Kunstner`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Genre` AS `Genre`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel` AS `Albumtitel` from `musik`.`mp3_filer` where ((`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner` is not null) and (`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel` is not null) and (`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner` <> _latin1'') and (`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel` <> _latin1'')) group by `musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Genre` order by `musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Kunstner`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Genre`,`musik`.`mp3_filer`.`Albumtitel`;

I can't be sure, but I believe it is the number of chars IN ONE LINE before the concluding “;” alone that is the problem, and that it has nothing to do with the actual content of the statement. But that sort of long statements will occur with machine-generated SQL. Actually this one is pasted from the objects-pane in SQLyog itself.

peterlaursen
      Participant

baah …. 😡

the code-tag seems to throw the linebreak away. Have a look at the screendumps instead!

peterlaursen
      Participant

I just want to point out that it's no big deal for me anymore since I know. But it can be very annoying getting error messages like this with a correct statement if you don't know!

Ritesh

Bug fixed.

Fix will be available from BETA 2.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Ok … then it's 3-1 to you. But I got this one 😀

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.