Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

I Need Change Table Type To Memory Engine Type

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests I Need Change Table Type To Memory Engine Type

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      COBAY

hi,

I'm using sqlyog community edition.

but, i cannot found “Change Table Type to Memory Engine” feature.

Is this naturally not included in sqlyog ?

[attachment=1486:Snap2.gif]

ashwin

Hi,

Can you execute “SHOW ENGINES” and check what Storage Engines are available for your server. Because SQLyog queries ('asks') the server about what types/engines are available and only displays the ones available (that may vary considerably depending on the server version, the platform where the server runs and how it was compiled and how it is configured).

Read this FAQ to know more about what Storage Engines are supported by SQLyog:

http://www.webyog.com/faq/content/29/135/en/what-storage-engines-are-supported-by-sqlyog.html

COBAY
      'ashwin' wrote:

Hi,

Can you execute “SHOW ENGINES” and check what Storage Engines are available for your server. Because SQLyog queries ('asks') the server about what types/engines are available and only displays the ones available (that may vary considerably depending on the server version, the platform where the server runs and how it was compiled and how it is configured).

Read this FAQ to know more about what Storage Engines are supported by SQLyog:

http://www.webyog.com/faq/content/29/135/en/what-storage-engines-are-supported-by-sqlyog.html

Yes,

I captured on our CentOS Linux.(after be executed “show engines” command)

[attachment=1490:Snap3.gif]

of course, memory engine is “yes”

also, that table is displayed “memory table” after “show table status” command.

[attachment=1491:Snap4.gif]

but, it is not displayed by options on sqlyog.

ashwin

Please execute these queries in SQLyog editor:

SELECT `ENGINE`, `SUPPORT` FROM information_schema.Engines;

And

SHOW ENGINES;

and paste your results here.

Also can you tell us your MySQL and SQLyog version you are using.

COBAY
      'ashwin' wrote:

Please execute these queries in SQLyog editor:

SELECT `ENGINE`, `SUPPORT` FROM information_schema.Engines;

And

SHOW ENGINES;

and paste your results here.

Also can you tell us your MySQL and SQLyog version you are using.

Yes,

[attachment=1496:Snap5.gif]

[attachment=1497:Snap6.gif]

information_schema.

[attachment=1498:Snap9.gif]

Mysql version

[attachment=1494:Snap7.gif]

SQLyog version

[attachment=1495:Snap8.gif]

Khushboo

Hi,

Issue confirmed.

For MySQL versions 5.0x, “Change Table Type” sub-menu is not displaying all supported engines.

We will fix this issue and give you a not-release(special) binary shortly.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Regards,

Khushboo

COBAY
      'Khushboo' wrote:

Hi,

Issue confirmed.

For MySQL versions 5.0x, “Change Table Type” sub-menu is not displaying all supported engines.

We will fix this issue and give you a not-release(special) binary shortly.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Regards,

Khushboo

Thank you…

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have decided not to fix this in 5.0. Sorry for the confusion.

Please refer: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=613

peterlaursen
      Participant

There also is an easy workaround:

Use the option to 'preview SQL', copy it to clipboard, paste to editor, replace the current ENGINE specification with 'MEMORY'.

COBAY
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

There also is an easy workaround:

Use the option to 'preview SQL', copy it to clipboard, paste to editor, replace the current ENGINE specification with 'MEMORY'.

ahh~~~~ 'hardcoding' issue..

preview SQL can't use before column info be modified. ^^ (not be open preview SQL popup window)

Anyway, Thanks.

peterlaursen
      Participant

There is no hard-coding if you use MySQL 5.1 or higher.  On those server versions Information_Schema has the information.  On 5.0 it has not.

I agree that this should probably have been fixed 3-4 years ago (when MySQL 5.0 was 'state of the art MySQL').  But now we won't as 5.0 is out of active support by MySQL/Oracle. This is a matter of prioritizing resources simply.  We want to move forward – not backwards.  It also matters that there is a functional workaround.

COBAY
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

There is no hard-coding if you use MySQL 5.1 or higher.  On those server versions Information_Schema has the information.  On 5.0 it has not.

I agree that this should probably have been fixed 3-4 years ago (when MySQL 5.0 was 'state of the art MySQL').  But now we won't as 5.0 is out of active support by MySQL/Oracle. This is a matter of prioritizing resources simply.  We want to move forward – not backwards.  It also matters that there is a functional workaround.

yes, ok..

I'll upgrade to mysql v5.1

GO~~~ GO~~~~forward…..Not look back.

thanks.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.