Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

I Need A Short Tutorial On Sqlyog Showing All Table Rows

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog I Need A Short Tutorial On Sqlyog Showing All Table Rows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sqldave

There is something about Sqlyog (8.7RC) that I'm not quite understanding. I have written on this before and received a helpful response, but I guess I'm still not getting the concept.

OK, so when I open TABLE_A, I tell Sqlyog that I want to expose all rows. In 8.7RC, I unclick “limit rows.” All rows are shown. Then I do something else and maybe even close Sqlyog.

Later I want to view TABLE_A again. I open Sqlyog and click the TABLE_A open. But the LIMIT is set again, and I have to unclick “limit rows” again, IF I don't screw up and forget. 🙂 (I have allowed this to enable me to make a mistake on more than one occasion — my errors, of course.)

At least, I thing what I'm describing is true. I'm still not absolutely certain.

What is the rule on how Sqlyog shows table rows by the GUI alone (not using SELECT statements)? My bottom line is that I always want to see all rows in all tables UNLESS I give Sqlyog an alternative number of rows to display (100, or whatever).

Thanks!

peterlaursen
      Participant

What program version are you using?  

The setting to expose all rows should be persistent across sessions with recent versions.  If not you don't have write access to the folder where the setting is stored  or some software prevents you to write there.

sqldave

Thanks for your reply. I am using 8.7RC.

I have all the control settings AFAIK. The MySQL setup is on my desktop computer and I am the administrator…

Let me give you an example of the behavior I am referring to: In preferences, “Enable autopaging” is checked. “Remember setting for each query” is checked. My setting is “999999” rows.

OK. I go to the object pane, and click open a table. When the table opens, “Limit rows” is checked and the number of rows is set to 100. The table has about 7000 rows.

Why are not all 7000 rows shown?

My goal is to see ALL rows from ANY table ANY time I view the table in Sqlyog.

Thanks.

ashwin
      Quote:
      What is the rule on how Sqlyog shows table rows by the GUI alone (not using SELECT statements)?

The rule is that- For the first time when table is exposed the limit rows will be checked and the limit value is 0-100. Since then it will keep the persistence what user is setting himself.

Please tell, Whether this issue is reproducible to you?

sqldave

Thank you for your response.

So, I made sure that, for all 25 tables in my db, the LIMIT was UNCHECKED.

I repeatedly checked all tables to see if they kept the setting. YES, they did.

I then exited Sqlyog, and restarted it. Did each table in the db keep the setting? YES, they did.

I can now certify that this feature, unlike myself, works as intended!

Thanks, I'm now an expert on the LIMT ROWS checkbox! 😎

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.