Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

How To Use Monyog – E.g. Analysing Query 'lock Time'?

forums forums Monyog Monyog Comments How To Use Monyog – E.g. Analysing Query 'lock Time'?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Andy I

Hi All,

I've looked all over the place but couldn't really find a MONyog forum/user documentation with discussion about how to actually use MONyog to tune DB performance.

For example, I'm seeing several SELECT queries with high 'Lock Time' values. Presumably, given that statements not doing any updates, this is showing how long query had to wait due to a required table being locked? If so, what's the best was to identify statements that are actually locking tables for extended periods of time?

Any help much appreciated,

Andy

Mahesh

We have this feature request already in our Issue tracker.

“To add an alertable monitoring option for 'long lasting locks' in the Processlist-based sniffer interface.”

BTW: Currently we are logging long running queries which reaches threshold values (default :10 second) in Sniffer also you will get notification of the query details.

(Please check Sniffer Settings — Processlist option for more details)

Mahesh

We have released MONyog v4.5 Beta with this feature:

* In the process-list based sniffer there is now an option to alert (using mail and/or SNMP) for long-lasting LOCKs.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.