Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

How To Use Monyog 4.62

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog How To Use Monyog 4.62

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Surender

Dear MySQL Experts,

I am a newbie to MySQL. I have installed trial version of MONyog for monitoring my database but not sure how to use it.

My UI is in Win XP and MySQL server on Linux. I've connected MONyog with my server. I have some doubts.

1. How to select the database to be monitored as I have a no of databases on that server but wish to monitor only one.

2. How to monitor my DB's performance and later tuning it

3. How to analyze slow queries.

Any other useful info will be appreciated. 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Surender

Mahesh

1. How to select the database to be monitored as I have a no of databases on that server but wish to monitor only one.

— MONyog monitors your MySQL server, it does not monitor databases separately.. However MONyog has a feature named “Disk Info” which will let you know the individual Database size

2. How to monitor my DB's performance and later tuning it

— MONyog is already shipped with 200+ best practices advisers, You check for critical/Warning alerts and try to minimize those.. to achieve best performance of your MySQL server.

Also you can find out problematic queries using “Query Analyser” feature, Later you can optimize those by adding indexes, changing data types on a table.

3. How to analyze slow queries.

— MONyog reads slow query log and shows the output in human readable format on QA page.

You have to enable slow query log option in MySQL by configuring my.cnf/my.ini file.

Please read this http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/slow-query-log.html

Then you have to specify file path while registering a server in MONyog in “QA settings”.

I suggest you to go through online documentation of MONyog OR refer Help.

http://webyog.com/doc/

Surender

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have 6 databases in my MySQL server but while checking disk info through MONyog I can see only one entry. Please see the attached images for your reference.

Please can you help me in this situation.

I was running some queries in my PhpMyAdmin and I could see the indexes and other info using “Explain SQL” and even that is very helpful while optimizing slow queries.

Mahesh

That is at server level view.

Click on “Server Name” ..you will see Databases under it and their Data and index length respectively ..similarly you can further view at table level too.

Surender

Thats a great help Mahesh,

Thank you so much.

If I get stuck somewhere or I need any assistance; hope you'll not mind If I trouble you again.

Surender

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.