Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

How To Update Column Values ?

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog How To Update Column Values ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sanko

i run a stored proc in sqlyog.

I get results in result pane..

Now I want to edit few column values right from the result pane.

I tried to edit though but it did not work …because of the following reasons …

There is a select box near to filter icon above the result pane window which shows read only.

When I select that I find 4 tables in the drop down. This is confusing now because I don't know which to select.

Is it possible to edit values in result pane without any hassle ? what is the steps to follow .

Jan.S

If there are many tables with a column of the same name, then if we do not explicitly choose a table, any modifications made could be ambiguous.

For example, If there is a table with columns actor_id and actor, and another table with film_name and actor_id, a stored procedure with join on both tables will result in a column actor_id. While updating the column, it could pertain to either the film table or the actor table.

Therefore, the only way to edit a result where multiple tables are involved is by selecting a specific table from the drop down and editing the values in that table.

sanko
      'Jan.S' wrote:

Therefore, the only way to edit a result where multiple tables are involved is by selecting a specific table from the drop down and editing the values in that table.

This does not enable edit . what is the procedure to enable edit ?

sathish

Hello,

Click on the drop down in the result tab which will have the tables. Please find the screenshot attached.

Regards,

Sathish

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.