Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

How To Restore Session After Incorrect Conection To Servers

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests How To Restore Session After Incorrect Conection To Servers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ferzok

The problem appears when I lost internet connection and all outside servers became unaccessible. After this session data is lost and I receive empty window.

I have only *dmp file.

Could you please help me to restore session?

Thank you!

Sibin A S

Hi Ferzok,

When you open SQLyog while a server is not running, which was previously running/connected to. SQLyog would give a connection error and save the backup of the session at “C:Users{user_name}AppDataRoamingSQLyogconnrestore_backup.ysav”. 

Please try to open the session ‘connrestore_backup.ysav’ (from the menu “File -> Open Session Savepoint”) where the backup of session was saved, only after ensuring the server is running and you are able to connect to the server. This would ensure that the query tabs for the remote server and the queries in it are restored.

The “connrestore_backup.ysav” file is overwritten when a particular server is down when SQLyog tries to connect to it.

Therefore, you may manually save a session savepoint by either using the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+S” or from the menu >> “File -> Save Session” before closing SQLyog.

The manually saved session can then be opened using the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+O” or from the menu >> “File -> Open Session Savepoint”.

You can find the information for the same in our doc, here >> http://sqlyogkb.webyog.com/article/159-session-restore

Regards,

Sibin

ferzok

I don’t have such file.

May be because I used SQL yog v11.

in v11 there is no any menu “open session Savepoint”

Now I’ve installed v12 and can not restore my session.

Sibin A S

Hi Ferzok,

This is because all SQLyog versions before 11.5 did not support ‘Session Restore’ feature and hence you may not find the ‘connrestore_backup.ysav’ file. Session Restore feature was added in SQLyog 11.5. You may refer the release notes, here >> http://blog.webyog.com/sqlyog-mysql-gui-11-5-released/ and the blog on session restore, here >> http://blog.webyog.com/sqlyog-introducing-session-restore/

Using the latest version of SQLyog, you can manually save a session savepoint by either using the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+S” or from the menu >> “File -> Save Session” before closing SQLyog. This enables you to open the session in future.

Regards,

Sibin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.