Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

How To Connect To Localhost On Another Machine On My Lan?

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog How To Connect To Localhost On Another Machine On My Lan?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      iceman
      Participant

I have two databases with the same structure that I am using during development. One is in a Wamp server as localhost on my development desktop and one is in a Wamp server as localhost on my develpment laptop.

I’d like to connect to the laptop database from SQLyog running on the desktop.

I’ve tried using…

MySQL Host Address:  123.123.123.123 <---- here I put the IP of my laptop taken from my router's DCHP table

Uername:

Password:     <---- there is no password on the database running on my laptop > 

Port: 3306

Database(s):

but I get an access denied message

What should I put as the host address?

peterlaursen
      Participant

It is not an issue with the host address.  it is because the server sdo not allow for remote connections. MySQl does not as default. it is also not a problem with SQLyog. Any client would face the same issue.

I think the error you get is “1045”. If so please read this FAQ:

http://faq.webyog.com/content/23/18/en/error-no-1045-connection-denied.html

“User is not allowed to connect from the actual host. Note that MySQL by default only allows connection from ‘localhost’. To specify from where a user may connect SQL wildcards (% and _) can be used. Simply ‘someuser@%’ means that user ‘someuser’ may connect from everywhere.”

If you execute “SELECT host, user FROM mysql.user;” you will probably find that user is declared a a localhost-user.

Relevant MySQL documentaton page: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/account-names.html

iceman
      Participant

Ah, Thank you.

At least I know where the issue lies now.

I frequently dump the db from the desktop, copy the sql to the laptop and run it so that I can synchronise the two databases. I was looking for a simpler way by doing it directly in SQLyog.

Looks like I shall have to carry on as before.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.